1. This is a shoe-free home – you might know that in certain cultures that’s standard practice. Please leave all the street dirt at the door, you can leave your shoes outside, like some neighbors do, in the entrance hallway, or under the coat rack. The cleaning crew will pay attention to the floors before giving the ok to return your security deposit.
2. When the weather is cold, the heating should have been left on for you – if the temperature is not comfortable, please let us know. You can open or close the radiators in each room to adjust how much hot water circulates. You’ll also find two space heaters in the closet of the smaller bedroom if you need it just a little warmer. The system does not allow for easy regulation, but we can help you out should
you need to adjust the apartment temperature.
3. Because of the proximity to the ocean, it rarely gets too hot, but if it does, there’s a fan in the leaving room, and the space heaters can work on fan mode as well. Lowering the blinds can help cool the apartment too. Just try to not lower them past the point when
there’s no tension left, as that can lead to issues. Let us know if something happens. Before leaving, please leave all the blinds fully open so the plants can keep thriving.
4. You should find everything you need in the kitchen. There is coffee and tea for you –please help yourself. Coffee capsules are the easiest and quickest option. Also, feel free to use any oil, salt, or spices if you need them.
5. You can connect to the living room sound system through Bluetooth: just select Logitech BT Adapter. Then make sure the silver sound system under the TV is on (you might need to press the on/off button once), and don’t switch anything besides increasing or decreasing the volume (it gets a lot more confusing and harder to explain if it changes functions ). Enjoy the music and just remember to keep it down after 10 pm.
6. There is cable TV in the living room and the main bedroom. In the living room, try first to just turn the TV on and wait a few moments. If the light on the box underneath does not turn green, you might need to press the box’s on/off button once and wait (let it blink a
few times) until it turns green. If you’re having issues, please let us know. It’s also a smart TV if you prefer streaming. The TV sound also comes out of the sound system without you having to adjust any function – you’ll probably just have to adjust the volume. Again, let us know if you’re having issues. The bedroom TV is simpler, you just switch channels; if you’d like to stream, you can turn on the box there and use the separate remote. But I hope, depending on the length of your stay, that you’ll spend most of your time exploring rather than with screens.
7. There are some personal objects stored away in the closets that should be out of your way and I ask that you respect those and do not move anything. If you need more space, please let us know. You’ll also see I like books. Feel free to borrow during your visit but please do not take any with you. I am attached to the books and keep an inventory, and missing one would impact the return of your security deposit. Same with the music records and CDs.
8. We also appreciate your feedback. Please let us about anything that is not to your liking and if you have 5 minutes to spare, we really appreciate your reviews.
9. Smoking is prohibited in the house and the building.
10. All windows and doors must be closed when leaving the apartment or during rainfall.
Please also keep the building and apartment doors locked when away from the apartment.
11. Events or gatherings of any kind are not allowed.
12. Pets are not allowed (sorry!).
*The property owners cannot be held accountable for the consequences of the misuse of gas and electrical equipment, balconies, windows, handrails, stairs, and any other hazardous areas.*